Discover out what Atiku mentioned about his nation of origin
The Individuals’s Democratic Social gathering, PDP Presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar has rubbished the All Progressive Congress, APC’s claims about his nation of origin.
The APC had final week filed a movement on the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal in Abuja difficult Atiku’s eligibility to run for the put up of Nigeria’s president, with the declare he isn’t a Nigerian, however from Cameroon.
Nevertheless, in his submission on the tribunal, Atiku defined in particulars how he’s a Nigerian by beginning.
See Atiku’s full response beneath:
In additional response to paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and eight of the third Respondent’s Reply, the Petitioners state as follows:
The first Petitioner (Abubakar) was born on 25th November, 1946 in Jada, Adamawa State by Nigerian Mother and father and he’s subsequently a citizen of Nigeria by Beginning.
The first Petitioner’s father, Garba Atiku Abdulkadir was a Nigerian by Beginning who hailed from Wumo in current day Sokoto State whereas the mom, Aisha Kande was additionally a Nigerian who hailed from Dutse in current day Jigawa State.
The mother and father of the first Petitioner are each Fulani, a group/tribe indigenous to Nigeria. The beginning of the first Petitioner in Jada, in current day Adamawa State of Nigeria was occasioned by the motion of his paternal grandfather known as Atiku who was an itinerant dealer, from Wumo in current day Sokoto State to Jada within the firm of his pal, Ardo Usman.
That in Jada, Atiku, the grandfather of the first Petitioner gave beginning to Garba who in tum gave beginning to the first Petitioner and named him after his personal father Atiku.
The first Petitioner’s mom, Aisha Kande was the grand-daughter of Inuwa Dutse who got here to Jada as an itinerant dealer too from Dutse in current day JigawaState.
That each one averments regarding Germany, British Cameroons, League of Nations and Plebiscite are false and deceptive in relation to the first Petitioner and subsequently utterly irrelevant extra in order that the first Petitioner is a Nigerian by beginning throughout the contemplation of the Structure of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as amended).
viii. The averments within the aforesaid paragraphs are certainly fabricated, contrived, made in dangerous religion and designed to embarrass the first Petitioner.
In response to paragraph 7 of the third Respondent’s (APC) Reply, the Petitioners aver that the votes of the first Petitioner within the Election of 23rd February, 2019 to the workplace of the President aren’t wasted votes, and the first Petitioner being a certified candidate within the mentioned Election certainly secured majority of lawful votes over and above the votes of the 2nd Respondent.
In additional response to Paragraph 7 of the third Respondent Reply, the Petitioners hereby plead and contend that always materials the first Petitioner has been a Nigerian by beginning and has participated within the following profession and political actions and has additionally acquired the next awards and honours:
– the first Petitioner was a civil servant within the Nigerian Customs Service for over 20 years and retired as a Deputy Director.
– the first Petitioner has been a Nigerian politician for about 30 years and in 1992 he contested within the Presidential Primaries underneath the platform of then Social Democratic Social gathering (SDP) alongside the late Chief M.Okay.O Abiola and Ambassador Baba GanaKingibe.
– the first Petitioner contested for and gained the 1999 Gubernatorial election in Adamawa State underneath the platform of the 2nd Petitioner.
– the Former President Olusegun Obasanjo GCFR and the first Petitioner contested for and gained the 1999 and 2003 Presidential Elections, respectively as President and Vice President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria underneath the platform of Peoples Democratic Social gathering (PDP), the 2nd Petitioner.
– the first Petitioner is the recipient of the Nationwide Honour of Grand Commander of the Order of the Niger(GCON).
– the first Petitioner was the standard title holder of Turakin Adamawa from 1982 to 2017 when he was elevated to WazirinAdamawa.
In 2007, the first Petitioner contested Presidential election underneath the platform of Motion Congress (AC) and the 2nd Respondent (Buhari) contested underneath the platform of the All Nigeria Peoples’ Social gathering (ANPP).
In 2014, the first Petitioner and the 2nd Respondent contested the Presidential Primaries of the All Progressives Congress (APC), the third Respondent for the 2015 Presidential Elections.
In response to paragraph 10 of the third Respondent’s (APC) Reply, the Petitioners contend that there was no admission of conspiracy and criminality by the Petitioners and reference to admission of conspiracy and criminality is fake and unfounded.
STAY CONNECTED WITH CONCEPTBLOG